I hope you have arrived back home safely after the Annual Conference in Fort Wayne and I hope you have enjoyed the conference as much as we did.
Hereby I would like to thank you all for participating in our panel discussion. Sharing your insights and experience with the attending companies and members is very helpful and greatly appreciated.
I am looking forward to seeing you all again soon – in Europe or the United States.
Matthias Beier (President & CEO, EAIC)
Very good organized business conference of European American Investment Council (EAIC) on October 29 & 30 2018 at the Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center in Fort Wayne as interesting topics brought together business and local representatives from different states in US as different European countries.
On October 30th the Annual Conference was a high-profile event on European FDI in the U.S. with a focus on the automotive industry. Next to our Community and Corporate members, this event also welcomed:
- Decision-makers from leading European automotive suppliers as part of our EAIC Automotive Inbound Delegation.
- Advisory Council of the EAIC.
- Representatives of bi-national chambers of commerce, European Consulates and local companies.
Conference had three topics – panels:
1) Background Discussion: Transatlantic relations & implications for FDI (here was panelist also Jurcek Zmauc, SABA president)
2) Focus Industry: Automotive
3) Site selection & Automotive Projects
SABA was at the conference the only institution from Slovenian organisations or diplomatic representatives in US. New contacts in US and EU (with EU mostly for company HWH Architects, Engineers and Planners Inc – at the conference was Peter Jancar, HWH chairman – HWH si SABA and EAIC member) showed new opportunities and markets for Slovenian companies and Slovenia was introduced as global business and investment market to the representatives of different US (Indiana, Alabama, Texas, California,…).